CLICK ON PICTURE TO ENLARGE
This post pulls together all the blog posts for my 2013 Challenge, from sending off the application form, introducing the characters I’m walking with, designing our route, and the walk itself.
You can click on each post (it’s in chronological order) and the blog post will open in a new window.
PREPARING FOR THE TGO CHALLENGE:
- Introducing Phil & Andy: North, Miss Tessmacher, North!
- We are successful in the draw: TGO Challenge 2013: The route
- Organising the Cheese & Wine Parties: Cheese & Wine Parties
- The Route-sheet: Route Vetted
- Making a Challenge First Aid Kit: First Aid Kit
- Getting Organised: Six Week Countdown
- Challenge Food: Gluttony
- New Shelter for the Challenge: In limbo - RIP Wanda
- A post for gear-heads: Final tweaks & Gear List
THE CHALLENGE BLOG POSTS:
- DAY ZERO: To Oban
- DAY ONE: Oban to Elleric
- DAY TWO: Oban to Caolasnacon
- DAY THREE: Caolasnacon to Meanach Bothy
- DAY FOUR: Meanach Bothy to Tulloch
- DAY FIVE: Tulloch to Luib Chonnal Bothy
- DAY EIGHT: Allt Coire Bhran to the Top of the Geldie
- DAY NINE: The Geldie to Braemar
- DAY ELEVEN: Callater Lodge to a bubbling caochan
- DAY TWELVE: A Bubbling Caochan to Tarfside
- DAY THIRTEEN: Bugger Brechin!
- DAY FOURTEEN: To the North Sea
I’ve had fun putting this write-up together. I hope you enjoy reading it.
NOTE: If you are thinking of applying for the Challenge for the first time and would like to know a little more about it, or have anything you would like to ask, please feel free to get in touch. You can get hold of me by leaving a comment on this post. All comments are moderated by me on the blog, so if you leave me your email address in your comment I will get back to you by email. I will not publish your comment, as your email address will be on it.
That excellent fellow, Andy Walker, walked with Phil and me this year and you can find his excellent version of our Challenge by clicking HERE and looking for the menu on the left of his blog for TGO 2013.
It’s up to you who’s version you believe!