Pages

23 January 2015

Another mobile blog post

Readers can expect the occasional post using my blogging kit, as I need to get to grips with it. Hopefully with a little practice it will become easier, so that I'm not sat in Trinnie in the middle of sod all, scratching my head and wondering what I'm supposed to do.


Reflection of 3M Building

I made what I thought was a fairly safe resolution in the new year to walk a minimum of an hour an day up until the TGO Challenge in May. That all sounds simple enough, until you peek out of the window at the cold grey day outside and decide you'll make up the hour later in the week. (Repeat to fade...) Okay, I admit things slipped somewhat and in very short order I was five hours behind. Or fifteen miles.

Hmmm.


More 3M Building

Anyway... having got a little behind (steady, Tiger!) I've been making more of an effort recently and have begun clawing back the lost hours.



Right now I am just forty five minutes behind schedule and I find myself surprised that my local patch has quite a few interesting walks, especially in crappy weather.

Why have I set myself this daft schedule? I blame Miss Whiplash. I'm on the phone to Phil quite a bit recently, only to find that the bounder is being whipped around Suffolk at impressively regular intervals - they did EIGHT miles the other day... It was bad enough floundering behind the newly lean Mr Walker on the last TGO Challenge, but Phil always had the decency to be as equally unfit and out of breath as me. And now all this is at risk.



We'll see how this new regime goes, but now I'm almost back to target I'll be attackng it with new zeal. As Miss Whiplash used to say, "You'll thank me for this in May"

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been walking from dusk to dawn from the photos. Steady on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm out in the afternoons mostly Conrad; the sunsets and twilights in the winter months are fabulous times to be out there.
      But yes - steady on. Let's not go completely mad. Damn it - we're British!
      :-)

      Delete
  2. As an aside, can anyone find Wally hiding in the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all about positive spin: rather than "behind schedule", think of yourself as avoiding peaking too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that, Dave. Saving it for the rush to the tape on the home straight!
      :-)

      Delete
  4. Yep. 6 squares up from lower rh corner and 1 square in. Is there a prize?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Correct!
    Your prize, Al, is the sure knowledge that next time you're down this way you'll have an overwhelming urge to hunt Wally down.
    I would advise haste, as he resides on a building scheduled for demolition!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on Mr S. Man up! If you don't keep it up I'll be down there to sort you out. It was bad enough when both slackers were in the same place, but now you seem to think that distance gives you added latitude.

    Think on Doris Day's "Deadwood Stage" lyrics.

    And yes, I KNOW that you will thank me for this encouragement in May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *whispering quietly to himself* I had a secret talk with Phil a while back... Neither of us could ever recall thanking Miss W in any May, ever. Ungrateful bastards, eh?

      Delete
  7. I recommend you lose those zebra skin blog-underpants.

    Fine, dandy, and admirable as they are, they clash with the hills and add unnecessary grams which has regrettable Ultralight consequences. (TM).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, James.
      I shall look into it, Sir. It's about due for a revamp.

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the late reply, James.
      I shall look into it, Sir. It's about due for a revamp.

      Delete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!