Good Lord! This year's TGO Challenge blog posts have finally finished. Here's a handy index to sift out the TGO Challenge posts from the rest of the blog. It pulls together all the blog posts for my 2017 TGO Challenge, from sending off the application form, training walks, designing the route to the walk itself.
You can click on each post (it’s in chronological order) and the corresponding blog post will open in a new window.
PREPARING FOR THE TGO CHALLENGE:
- Avoiding the eyesores: Planning a wind farm free TGO Challenge
- The team, route and the route sheet A third man. map and route sheet
- Putting your foot to the floor, at last Guilt, the TGO Challenge and Northern Soul
- Putting in some miles Things looking up
- Having a plan Getting organised, limbering up
- Can you be 'over-trained'? People, chalk mines, brickwork railways & Spring
- The annual pilgrimage PreWalkDaunder: The Lakes
- The magic carpet to Scotlandshire Coming, ready or not!
- Day 1 Strathcarron to Baobh-bhacan Dubha
- Day 2 Baobh-bhacan Dubha to River Meig
- Day 3 River Meig to Glen Orrin
- Days 4 & 5 Glen Orrin to Drumnadrochit
- Days 6 & 7 Crossing the Monadh Liath
- Days 8 & 9 Aviemore to Braemar
- Days 10 & 11 Braemar to the Fee Burn
- Day 12 The Fee Burn to Airlie Memorial Tower
- Days 13 & 14 Airlie Memorial Tower to Red Castle
And for my splendid walking companion's take on our TGO Challenge, here are the links to his excellent account:
RUFTY TUFTY DAVID WILLIAMS' POSTS:
I’ve had fun putting this together. I hope you enjoy it as well.