Here are the salient points.
- The turbines are huge
- It is simply an extension of the existing Mid Hill power station to the south and east.
- Fred Olsen is extending the Mid Hill power station from 25 to 35 wind turbines.
- The land is owned by the state, and run by Forestry Commission Scotland.
- Because of its size (50MW) there will be no local enquiry: it will be decided by the minister
- In effect, it's a dead cert.
NB: The new turbines are to be between 150m and 200m high. These will be the largest turbines (so far) ever seen on land in the UK. They will all be visible from over 25 miles away to the west.
|SITE LAYOUT: RIGHT CLICK TO ENLARGE IN A NEW TAB|
|ZTV MAP - RIGHT CLICK TO ENLARGE IN NEW TAB|
Many thank to HMP3 for the next image, which shows the quite shocking size of a 200m wind turbine.
|SIZE COMPARISON OF WELL-KNOWN BIG THINGS TO A 200M TURBINE AND A TGO CHALLENGER|
More later, when I get some time.