Pages

16 January 2024

TGO Challenge 2022, Days 13-14, Tarfside to St Cyrus (published from a saved draft)

 

DAY 13: TARFSIDE TO NORTH WATER BRIDGE


DAY 13, WEDNESDAY. RIGHT-CLICK TO ENLARGE IN NEW WINDOW
Distance: 27.0 km
Ascent:     150 m

LOUISE & BARRY AT ST DROSTAN'S

TWEEDLEDUM & TWEEDLEDEE: EMMA'S PICTURE

GRAHAM ON THE SNIPER'S BRIDGE

EMMA, SNIPER'S BRIDGE

LEAVE THE ROAD HERE FOR THE BLUE DOOR WALK

GRAHAM & EMMA ON THE BLUE DOOR WALK: RIGHT-CLICK TO ENLARGE

EMMA ASTRIDE THE NORTH ESK C/O THE AMERICAN AIRFORCE

EMMA'S PICTURE: LIGHTWEIGHT SHELTERS. L-R: IAN, LOUISE, EMMA, ME, ESTHER

A LONGISH DAY, BUT WITH DECENT BREAKS




DAY 14: NORTH WATER BRIDGE TO ST CYRUS


DAY 14: NWB TO ST CYRUS NATURE RESERVE. RIGHT-CLICK TO ENLARGE IN NEW WINDOW

BREAKFAST PIE

EMMA, IAN, KEVIN, LOUISE, BARRY AND ESTHER

INDEED

MUCH LIKE MANY CHALLENGERS; DECAYING GRANDEUR


LOUISE'S PICTURE; WARP SPEED


EMMA'S PICTURE: THE THREE AT THE BACK. RIGHT-CLICK TO ENLARGE IN NEW WINDOW


ANGUS FIELDS


THE NORTH SEA


AND THERE THEY WERE: GONE!


STILL GONE!

TRULY, BINGE WALKING!






In loving memory of Alan Sloman (1955-2023)




3 comments:

  1. Good night big Al . Rest in peace xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot say much, but I will ...
    I knew it was on the cards but was gutted beyond tears all the same.
    We did so many walks together.
    I put up with his complaints (that I didn't do as I was told).
    He named me *Mad 'n Bad* FFS, what was he expecting.
    Lovely to see the last TGOC journey and yet 😭😭😭
    So glad a walked the phone dropping walk to Ballater, and the Park Meal.
    So many good memories.
    Forever in my heart big fella.
    Forever missed!
    I felt another sad tear writing this again.
    The selfish **** for going too soon.. 🥰❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Alan. Lovely memories, so glad I got to spend a little time with you on that Challenge. You always did take the 'best' photos of me... Miss you x

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!