Pages

04 May 2007

DAY 65: Lunchtime Report

DAY 65: Lunchtime Report
Bar 17, Near Allandale on the Forth & Clyde Canal

I have traveled the Falkirk Wheel!


I arrived just before a sailing was due to depart and was treated with amazing kindness, and sponsored immediately by the staff, who then also treated me to a trip on the wheel and a coffee afterwards. They introduced me to the other passengers on the boat, a family up for a wedding tomorrow, the Beaugie's, who very kindly dipped deep into their pockets and sponsored me handsomely.

I strolled along the new (to me) canal, trying 'hotel boots'; looser than normal to ease the tired feet. It seems to have done the trick, because up to now, they are absolutely fine. I have also eased back on the pace and am deliberately walking 'softer'. I think I may have been hammering along a bit yesterday, for no good reason, so I am back to "Laid Back Al" mode again - a lesson learned.

I shall have to be careful this lunchtime, as I am meeting 'Dangerous Dennis Pidgeon' at Kirkintilloch at the Kirky Puffer later on.

Oh well - another pint of Bellhaven will do quite nicely, thank you. - Sort of a Hop Squash without too many hops?

2 comments:

  1. Traced your route today along the paved Border Ridge over Cheviot. Thick mist. Good to see you have surpassed your revised target. May meet up with you on west coast after TGO. Packs of Newcastle Brown will be carried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan,

    The wedding went ahead fine and the bride has just discovered your blog by Googling for her new surname!

    Wishing you all the best for your trip.

    Nick BeaugiƩ (brother of the groom)

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!