Pages

03 May 2007

DAY 64: Lunchtime Report

DAY 64: Lunchtime Report
The Star & Garter, Linlithgo

I know you are all enjoying this sunshine back home, but when I woke up this morning and saw the haar had come back I heaved a sigh of relief.

My face, hands and neck are beginning to resemble a well done sheet of pork crackling, so it was pure pleasure to don the jacket this morning against the cool mist of the haar. That lasted for about two hours when the jacket came off as I started to boil in the bag.

I have been playing tag today with a very pretty little narrow boat with two charming elderly couples. I first came across them yesterday afternoon as they crossed the aqueduct before David & I. They stopped short of Linlithgo at a canal-side eatery, but I forged ahead of their diesel power to make for the fleshpots of Linlithgo and a couple of pints of liquid inspiration; Deuchars IPA.

The Union Canal seems pretty well underused - the only traffic has been their boat and a British Waterways dredgery/ cleaning sort of boat/machine. I suppose all this will change when I get to the Falkirk Wheel tomorrow morning.

(Me on Union Canal Aqueduct with beard)
But for now I am enjoying good music on the juke box (not too loud), a nice pint, and being indoors out of the sunshine!

I see from my Sue Ryder Page that a wonderful chap has donated a significant amount to bring my total sponsorship up to a magical Three Thousand Pounds.

So a big thank you to him and to all of you who have sponsored me, helped me along the way and encouraged me.

For those of you who have not yet sponsored me, perhaps you could pop over to my Sue Ryder page and donate a small amount - It all helps and cheers me up no end seeing it slowly build to something that Sue Ryder Care can really do something useful with.

The link to my page can be found at the top right of this blog.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!