Pages

25 February 2008

Gayle & Mick Going for a Walk

I should really have titled this "M&G Go For a Walk"; the title of their blog.

I am making a special plea here, for I have just noticed that they have now started up their 'Just Giving' Donations page.

Gayle has lost both her Mum (very recently) and a few years back her father; both to cancer. She also has two immediate members of her family who are also battling against the disease. So it is no surprise to find that Gayle & her husband, Mick are walking for Macmillan Cancer Support.

On 15 April 2008, Gayle & Mick will set off from Land's End to walk a 1252-mile route, via Lizard Point and Dunnet Head, to John O'Groats. If all goes to plan, they will walk for 78 days. With rest days, the intention is to complete the walk within 3 months. They will be carrying their camping gear and staying under canvas (or Sil-Nylon to be more precise) most nights.

If you pop over to their very entertaining blog you will find the link widget to their JustGiving donations page. It would be wonderful if we could meet their target before they set off to start the walk.

You can also find a link to Gayles site on the right of my blog in the 'Great Places to Visit' section.
Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for that Alan.

    Beat me to it! Best post my own Blog entry on the subject, hadn't I?

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!