Pages

13 August 2009

A MILESTONE

A mile. That takes me between a quarter of an hour or perhaps an hour and a half, depending on the terrain.

In the sludgy bogs of the Balmacaan Forest it's the longer time. Skipping along from The Monadhliath Hotel to Garve Bridge, fuelled by an afternoon's entertainment; the quicker time.

But this afternoon, our colonial cousin, Mark Alvarez, finally fulfilled an ambition: Today he did his mile in 7 Mins and 21 seconds on perhaps the most famous running track on the planet; Iffley Road, Oxford. It was here that Roger Bannister broke the 4 minute mile barrier for a new world record.

You really must, right now this minute, nip over to Mark's wonderfully written blog to read all about it. HERE

Let him know how he did. Lord Elpus, Weird Darren & I will be seeing him for a celebratory drink on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. The lad done well.

    I hope you'll explain the delights of Cambridge Hare & Hounds when you meet with him tomorrow!

    Enjoy your beer(s),

    John

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!