Pages

12 November 2009

NORTH YORKSHIRE DALES: A Lazy Sunday

A lad can only do so much walking and this lad only did so much walking and on the Sunday decided on a bit of a pottering about in the car to visit Thwaite's Kearton Country Hotel Tea Room - a place that both Shirl & I fell in love with when she was doing her Pennine Way and I, my LEJOG.

So the following pictures take in the route by car to the tea room (a fine establishment() and then onwards to Hardraw Force - which you access via the Green Dragon pub.

IMG_1835Above Keld

IMG_1836 Thwaite

IMG_1837 Buttertubs

IMG_1838 Hardraw Force

IMG_1839 Hardraw Force

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Alan, you just took me back about 35 years to my childhood. We spent evey holiday for 8 years in that neck of the woods, Buttertubs always terrified me! Good to see so much water at Hardraw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics Alan. Good to see the waterfall full of water (!). The day I went I paid the money, then NO water - well just a trickle. Sad.

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!