Pages

30 November 2006

WHITE PEAK WALK
At last! A day out walking and away from the Anquet nonsense. It’s what this blog is all about really.
Phil picked me up at the crack of dawn and we made Ashbourne in plenty of time to stock up with breakfast pasties before carrying on to Hartington.



Huge thanks go to Phil – he organised the trip, got us there & back, planned the route, did all the map reading, found us a great little pub for lunch, (lovely parsnip soup & rare beef sandwiches with horseradish all washed down with two nice pints) – And paid for it all as I had left my walking wallet on the desk at home.

On top of all that he also played Dr Kildare with a very attractive young lady’s blisters in the pub and donated half his first aid kit to look after her well-being. I am not sure how examining her chest helped with her feet, but Phil explained his newly acquired holistic approach and that seemed to calm her boyfriend down. Eventually. An all round great bloke is our Phil.
So ten lovely miles down and then up to Shining Tor and back along little gushing streams in beautiful gorges. We got back to the car just as it was getting dark – perfect timing.

2 comments:

  1. "On top of all that he also played Dr Kildare with a very attractive young lady’s blisters in the pub and donated half his first aid kit to look after her well-being. I am not sure how examining her chest helped with her feet, but Phil explained his newly acquired holistic approach and that seemed to calm her boyfriend down. Eventually. An all round great bloke is our Phil."

    *grin*

    I'm reading my way through your LeJog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi! Wiggly!

    I never realised that people were actually going to read this stuff.

    I was assured by Phil that there are defintie pressure points to be found in the female chesty areas that make a young girl's toes wriggle. Perhaps you could explain it to me as no ammount of Phil's canoodling with my shirt buttons did it for me...

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!