Pages

20 December 2006

THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT

I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t abandon Domenic. It wasn’t in me to leave him in the lurch and ruin his Christmas. So I have had my haircut, not by Domenic, but by one of his staff.

She didn’t have quite the command of our language that I would have hoped for, but Domenic steered her through my wife’s requirements. In fact I don’t think she knew any more English other than that found in the Chinese / English haircut dictionary. But I thought she did a fine job. Eight weeks of neglect cut away to reveal a noble profile once more!

To put it another way (ie, the way of the wife); the look of an illegal immigrant. An old lag. You just can’t please all of the people all of the time…

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah! I'm so glad you didn't abandon him :)

    That was very funny, what you wrote about the lack of a command of English. I'd quote it, but given the time I'm not sure I'd be able to find myself back to this box...

    Word Verification: dedam.

    As in a dead pig, is that? *shudder*

    (I'm posting as Piglet because there's a problem with Wordpress atm.)

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!