Pages

10 January 2007

MEDICATION, MEDICATION, MEDICATION
I may have mentioned in previous postings that I shall be taking with me my pills for Gout (a very unfunny condition) and high blood pressure.

I am not sure which came first; the high blood pressure or the IgA Nephropathy (Berger’s Disease – look it up; it’s a riot), or if it matters. But I take the blood pressure pills to stop the kidneys getting even more screwed. It’s something I’ve known I have had for some twenty years or so.

So a week or so ago I thought I had better arrange with the Docs to make sure I have enough to get me through to mid July, to be on the safe side in case things go pear-shaped on the walk. Not being a great fan of spending time in waiting rooms with a load of sick people, I tend to only see the Doctor when he demands that I attend before he will dispense any more repeat prescriptions. This was such a time and as I needed whole bundle of pills I thought it best to pop in and have a chat.

I was a bit miffed when I was told I was seeing the practice nurse for her to take blood and blood pressure (all normal stuff for me) and not the Doc. But not only that but that there was also no way that he would give me the stuff I needed for up until the middle of July.

So I was stuffed.

I tried everything but Cerberus on reception was having none of it. The only way I could get the stuff I need is to visit surgeries along the route. JEEZ!

The Doc lives in the village. There is no way that I am going to spend my four months queuing up in surgeries along the length of our Kingdom. Queuing in pubs; yes. Surgeries; no. I will find another way of getting the stuff, even if it involves the media!

What grates so much is that I am paying for these people through my exorbitant taxes for them to tell me what I can and cannot have. I know what I need. I pay for the stuff anyway. So what is the problem?

Any Medic type chaps / chapesses out there who can give me a bit of help here?

I have booked an appointment for a blazing row with my learned friend the Doc in a few weeks time. So any information to aid my case would be very welcome. I have no wish to start downloading pharmacy addresses and Doctors surgeries along the route as well as all the other planning I have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!