Pages

14 March 2007

DAY 14: Sampford Peverell to West Monkton

Today: 22.1 miles
Total: 211.6 miles
Percentage completed: 12.7%

LEJOG DAY 14

(Click map to enlarge)

What a splendid day - I left S.P. at 8:30 - a little later than I would have liked bearing in mind the day ahead. The walk along the canal was absolutely splendid - Moorhen, coot, mallards (shagging little bastards this early in the year too!). Dog walkers, pushchairs, joggers - an amenity enjoyed to the max. It is a delightful walk - the canal has no locks, so you trundle along just soaking up the scenery and peaceful solitude, watching the early morning mist slowly burning off the Blackdowns and Quantocks.


Mud - more of it - then brambles & mud then my lovely little brother and his mate Andy picked me up to steer me to the pub at Bradford on Tone (the White Horse - two excellent pints of Otter) when Russ Manion burst through the door, having walked back down my route to meet us. It turned out that Andy was a friend of Russ's mate and so we stretched out and before we knew it were at Russ's home, a deep welcome bath and a big day over.

Good weather, excellent company and good mileage - all in all a perfect day - ooh! and hot news - another county crossed - early this morning I passed from Devon into Somerset!

Now off to the pub with Russ to sample the delights of West Monkton - just for the research, you understand'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!