Pages

31 March 2007

DAY 31: Llandegla to Sodom

Today: 18.5 miles
Total so far: 471.6 miles
Percentage Completed: 28.2%

LEJOG DAY 31

(Click map to enlarge)

Another big day today: 1300m of climbing over the Clywydian Hills and 18.5 miles. Needless to say I am at the pub in Bodfari, before the final climb up to Sodom for the B&B. Two nice pints of Abbot are going down smoothly, restoring the circulation to the feet.

I reckon the views would have been stunning today, but as seems to be the norm, I was in mist / haze all day. Right at the end I could see down to the Dee estuary, but the walking was good. I have to admit to being a little tired after our efforts last night at the Crown at Llandegla and some of today's hills were a bit of a trial...

Breakfast this morning was out of this world: Melon with raspberries and strawberries, followed by poached haddock and grilled baby tomatoes on the vine with mushrooms.

That set me up and they sent me off with a corker of a packed lunch, as there was no possibility of fitting a pub in today.

I shall shortly set off to the B&B and sleep the sleep of the dead!

I have just realised, I have been walking for a month!

1 comment:

  1. Alan

    I am so enjoying your blog. It is becoming just like a "book at bedtime" on R4! Must be cack (Erse) having boringly nice weather every day. I expect that will change as you reach the scottish highlands and fall in with a bad lot such as Tom and Eddie - aye you have been warned.......

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!