Pages

08 April 2007

DAY 37: Bollington to Edale: Evening Report

(Posted from Crowden)
Today: 16.0 miles
Total so far: 570.8 miles
Percentage Completed: 34.2%

LEJOG DAY 37

(Click map to enlarge)

I fairly raced up Rushup Edge to magnificent views over the White & Dark Peaks. It is a magnificent airy spot with good springy turf beneath the boots. Cars litter the road below like discarded toffee papers, catching the sun. It is Good Friday and there must be hundreds of walkers out on the hills but they are swallowed up by the sheer scale of the place.

On the way down I pass several Duke of Edinburgh groups, all cheery and having a great time together, even when laden down with all their camping gear, struggling up to Hollins Cross.

Edale is like an old shoe - sort of battered and scuffed but it still fits like a glove. The Old Nags Head does a roaring trade and the reluctant barman of my last visit is now in his element and a dramatically different person. He must have been having a bad day last time we were here. I try the Grays again, but opt for the fruitier Nags Head, more of a hoppy squash with a bit more oomph.

There is no signal for my phone from here, so I don't know where this will be posted from.

A Rest Day tomorrow too, so you will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!