Pages

15 May 2007

DAY 74: Forest Lodge to Bridge of Gaur

Sunday 13th May 2007 (Posted from Blair Atholl)
Today: 20.0 miles
Total so far: 1095.1 miles
Percentage Completed: 65.6%

LEJOG DAY 74

(Click map to enlarge)

I had picked a great spot to camp, as in the morning, despite no wind there were no midges. However it was drizzling, so I was away smartish and was soon strolling alongside Loch Tulla, with the weather coming and going.

Skirting the southern side of Rannoch Moor I followed the track up to Gorton Bothy in worsening weather with a few gushy little river crossings and was glad of its shelter for a lunch of cuppa-soup (I just love them) and flapjack; a well rounded repast.

This had been my intended overnight stop but as it was still only just past two o'clock I headed out into the rain again to make for the railway, first having to negotiate a precarious bridge which was just the longitudinal beams and no bridge-deck, so a bit of a nervous one for me, with a fair drop down to the river.

The weather ruled out in my mind any thought of pinching the hills on my route to the north of Glen Lyon, so I hot footed it along the rails and into the forest for my 'foul weather alternative' (the red squares on the map.)

Forest walking is never great, so I just chugged along until I got the the bridge above Bridge of Gaur, plonked the rucksack down and made camp. Another 20 mile day, not seeing another Challenger. Not a flicker of a phone signal all day, so this will have to be posted at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!