Pages

20 January 2009

A LAMPETER LASS AND A LEASH

Ooh! A New 'Follower' of my blog.

I don't often comment on the good people who comment and follow me on my blog but I feel that in this instance a lady deserves a special mention.

Sophie Easterbrook and Patch are to set off on a JOGLE - that's a John O' Groats to Lands End walk of about 1200 miles. Sophie is married and hails from Lampeter and is taking one of her canine companions 'Patch' with her on her walk. This is what she says about herself:

"In June 2009 my trusty hound, Patch, and I are backpacking from John O' Groats to Lands End. We will walk around 1200 miles in about 3 months without support - I will be carrying my own tent and supplies and will be unaccompanied. Please support us by visiting www.justgiving.com/longestdogwalkinbritain to donate - every little helps!!"

What with one thing and another recently I have been a little late in finding out about her impending stravaig. There's not a lot of time left for her planning and she is currently battling with the usual stuff - electronic mapping, GPS's and getting the weight of her pack down to something approaching possible! She's not a big girl so getting the weight down is quite important.

Let's follow her endeavours and give her as much support as possible - Okay? Let's see her Blog stats go through the roof please and then pop over to her 'Just Giving' site and support her.

Good luck, Sophie (and Patch, too)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Alan! I'm very grateful. Sponsorship is a little slow so all help appreciated - plus it's so nice to have some support - I've already had some lovely contact from your guys, it's like a breath of fresh air!

    I love the title by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!