Pages

09 December 2010

CHRISTMAS NUMBER ONE

Dotting about YouTube for some personal favourites found me thinking about Christmas. Well, Pop Pickers! Here is my selection of those that made Number One.

I cheated a bit with the last one as I couldn’t stand the version by Alexandra Burke (she was on the “X Factor” I think… ‘nuff said) and so went with KD Lang and her powerful version on Jules Holland’s magnificent show. So much better. Did Leonard Cohen proud, she did. The best of the three.

CHRISTMAS 1969
CHRISTMAS 2003
CHRISTMAS 2008

3 comments:

  1. Two little boys?
    I think Rolf's best work is his recent success in an insurance advert...
    two little boys indeed.... ghasp...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Little Boys makes me weep everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike: Two Little Boys is a modern classic. However, it should be said that this blog does not support the treatment of the poor horse. The RSPCA's guidelines recommend just the one lightly armed officer per horse in these situations.

    Louise: You are a weepy child! Straighten up, woman. There will be far worse things to come in life - you will shortly be knee deep in Highland bog, driven into the muck by your huge rucksack. To strengthen your fragile emotional state you should be made to listen to Rolf's classic whilst preparing your breakfast. You'll soon get to the end without bursting into tears. There's a good girl.

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!