Pages

27 December 2010

LIVE AID 1985

Like many, I watched BBC2 tonight with awe at the incredible effort Bob Geldof, Harvey Goldsmith, Midge Ure and their team put in twenty five years ago to produce a concert that was viewed across the world to raise over £150m for famine relief.

But the most compelling part of the show was the film that was played to two billion people worldwide. Whenever I watch it, the effect on me is always the same. It’s worthwhile to think on this at this time of the year.

1 comment:

  1. It's become fashionable for the cynics to undermine events such as 'Live Aid' and subsequent fundraisers for famine and disaster relief. Quite why escapes me.

    It was a magnificent and well-meant effort; and, in its different way, a 'Woodstock' for a later generation.

    ReplyDelete

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!