This post pulls together all the blog posts for my 2012 Challenge, from sending off the application form, introducing the characters who I’m walking with, designing our route, looking at the costs of the walk and the walk itself.
You can click on each post (it’s in chronological order) and the blog post will open in a new window.
PREPARING FOR THE TGO CHALLENGE:
- Introducing Andy & Dave The cheques are in the post
- We are successful in the draw: Punishing the Guilty
- Sorting out the nitty gritty of the walk: Firming things up
- Getting “buy-in” for the route: Route Sheet: Done!
- Getting our route vetted: Vetted!
- Organising the Cheese & wine Party: Cheese & Wine Party
- TGO Challenge Costs: Travelling in Style!
- Maps for the Challenge: Maps
- The Route: Route Overview & Route Sheets
- Food parcels & a health scare: The Foreplay
- The Challenge Diet: Wasting away…
- A post for the gear-heads: TGO Challenge Kit List
THE CHALLENGE BLOG POSTS:
- DAY ONE: Morar to Coire Dubh
- DAY TWO: Coire Dubh to A Chuil bothy
- DAY THREE: A Chuil to Invermallie bothy
- DAY FOUR: Invermallie to Spean Bridge
- DAY FIVE: Spean Bridge to Cheese & Wine Party
- DAY SEVEN: Bridge of Gaur to Bohally Wood
- DAY EIGHT: Bohally Wood to Glen Tilt
- DAY NINE: Glen Tilt to Braemar
- DAY TEN: Braemar to Callater Lodge
- DAY ELEVEN: Callater to Shielin of Mark
- DAY TWELVE: Shielin of Mark to Tarfside
- DAY THIRTEEN: Tarfside to North Water Bridge
- DAY FOURTEEN: North Water Bridge to St Cyrus
The weather played a part in altering our planned route for the first week or so, as it was pretty dreadful, and so the revised statistics for our walk came out as 194 miles and 22,500 feet of ascent.