Pages

29 October 2006

HELP & SUPPORT

I have just got back home after an all-day drive from Ft William where I have been taking part in the annual TGO Challenge Reunion. It poured down with rain on the way up there, and poured down for the two days we went out walking - and then finally cleared up for the drive home...


So - apart from the rather damp walking, we all had a wonderful time. I came away with a large bag of guide books and maps from Ian Shiel. This is an absolute treasure trove that I will work my way through over the next couple of weeks. There is no way I would ever have found half the material Ian has lent me and so I am deeply indebted to him. When I tried to thank him, so typically, he just replied - 'Aye, well I am just passing on the help I received from others when I did my walks...'

As well as Ian's wondeful generosity, this weekend I have received dozens of offers of help along the way, and more help & advice on how to widen the net for getting sponsors - so I have a bit more work to do in the next few weeks on those lines now, as well as trying to nail down the route.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!