Pages

05 March 2007

DAY 4: LIZARD to GWEEK

Sunday 4th March 2007
DAY 4: Goonhilly to Gweek:
Total today: 11.9 miles
Total on Walk: 50.4 miles

LEJOG DAY 4

(Click on the map to enlarge)

The rain lessened and I toddled off (I couldn't put it off any longer)

I had missed my lunchtime pint and so was delighted to find The Ship open at Mawgan. Not wishing to chip up at Gweek a short step away worse for wear, I limited my ration to a single pint - which was a crying shame as the pub is a stormer and full mid Sunday afternoon.

I am sure there will be more.

I am now at my B&B at Gweek - all very nice; clean, tidy, efficient,but.... just lacking that friendliness I have found so far on the trip. Just as I arrived it absolutely threw it down, so I was glad to be here.

So, how is it going so far? Am I suited to this Long Distance Walking lark? I am gobbling up the miles but deliberately limiting my mileages for this first week so as to get bedded in.. Lots of lunchtime rests make it delightful and I am having a great time.

Again, no mobile signal tonight, so this will have to be posted from elsewhere tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!