Pages

16 March 2007

DAY16: Lunchtime Report

DAY 16: Lunchtime Report
The George Inn, Croscombe

Paradise Found: Peter is looking after us - we have had various tasters of the four different Draught real ales - one of which is made specifically for him.

It is like dying and having passed through the pearley gates with a Gold Member's Card. My boots are off, my feet relaxing into a pint of Butcombe Brunel IPA.

Rich's Bit: (Who is walking with me for two days)
"I'm on the King George - the Landlord's own. The good news is, it's only 9 miles to the fleshpots of Midsomer Norton. So we get 2 hours to enjoy the George."


2 hours? He is a cruel task master. All this pleasure to assimilate into this tired frame of mine.

The Crab fishcakes were superb and Rich's Lemon Sole was to die for. Peter (the landlord) and his wife run an amazingly good place here: Highly reccommended.

We came through Dinder to get here so here is a warning for future Lejoggers: The house has been bought recently and is being refurbished (to a beautiful standard) but they have put gates across the road, so to get here you need to be a bit of a locksmith...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!