Pages

08 May 2007

DAY 66: Kirkintilloch to Strathblane (A very late report!)

Saturday 5th May, posted much later!
Today: 7.6 miles
Total so far: 958.4 miles
Percentage Completed: 57.4 %
Note Well!: Walked with Denis Pidgeon

LEJOG DAY 66

(Click map to enlarge)

There are two theories doing the rounds at the moment: The first is that I have been abducted by aliens, the other is that I have thrown it in and am relaxing on a desert island, with dusky handmaidens looking after my every whim.

I am afraid neither are true: I have been "Denissed". A late night and a very late start the next morning (sorry - make that 'afternoon'). You can see form the map that not a lot of walking has been achieved today. I am for the first time on my walk, “behind schedule”. The first stop was to watch the second half of the Celtic/Rangers Game in a magnificent pub shared by both sets of supporters.

Three or four were had during the game and we then wended our wobbly way to the next slightly posher pub to have a couple of very expensive beers, so, feeling indignant we made our little bit wobblier way to the next, a few steps down the road in Blanefield, where we stayed for the rest of the night.

The band were wonderful. The company (Rangers supporters, much to Dennis's amazement) were really nice lads and the band were wonderful. We were wonderful too and accompanied the band at the top of our lung and supported them with our own form of modern dance.

I woke up in a tent (not mine, but Denis's) that had been pitched using only three tent pegs in torrential rain by superstar Dennis.

He was amazed: I was still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!