Pages

31 May 2007

DAY 83: Tarfside to North Water Bridge

Tuesday 22nd May 2007
(Posted from Kingussie)
Today: 16.4 miles
Total so far: 1206.1 miles
Percentage Completed: 72.2%

LEJOG DAY 83

(Click map to enlarge)

A couple of Bacon Butties and a pot of tea set me up for the trip down the North Esk. I fell in with Great, Great Aunty Barbara and Granny Vickie for the morning to Edzell, bimbling along gently, taking in the scenery, slowly changing from the mountains to the gentler pastoral scenery of the Angus coast.

The grasses are a lush green and the trees now full - so I have seen Winter now, through to Summer. The farming is now a mixture of sheep and cattle, and still there are newborn lambs all about.

Edzell is reached for a couple of swift Guinnesses in the Panmure Arms and then a three course lunch in the cafe. We pop over the road to the little shop and strike up conversations with the ladies, who are an integral part of the event. Supplies are purchased for the campsite and I wander down the Airfield road to the campsite, for the annual lightweight tent exhibition and whisky fest.

A gentler day, but very social!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!