Pages

02 April 2009

LITEHIKER'S LEJOG

Regular members of the congregation will know that I had a bit of a LEJOG stroll a couple of years back and blogged it as I walked. Well, in a few days time, starting on Sunday 5th April, Geoff Gafford will be stepping out for his own very special walk. In his own words:

"I shall be walking from Land's End to John O' Groats and.... I intend to camp most nights. I will be rained on much of the way, chased by sheep and probably eaten by wild animals. I hope to blog from the trail on a daily basis so do follow me as I go - log on to

http://litehikersblog.blogspot.com"

Now, for a bright bloke, Geoff is doing this the hard way! He will be using his tarp as a shelter with a midge cage for the more infested bits of 'up-north'. However, he will, as his blog title suggests, be going very lightweight, with a pack weight of just 20 lbs in old money.

It's the walk of a lifetime and Geoff is putting it to good effect, by walking for the MS Research and Relief Fund. I am sure he would appreciate your help and support if you were to pop over to his 'JustGiving fund raising page and pop a few pounds in to help. I know it's a big ask in these cash-crunching times, but charities need your help now more than ever.

So - all the very best of luck, Geoff. Have a a wonderful walk. I am really looking forward to reading your adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!