Pages

02 May 2009

DAY TWO: SATURDAY: TO GLEN FHIODHAIG

All walking days should be like this: Sunshine and blustery showers, huge views and raging waterfalls. It's been a walk up the valley out of Craig and then down the River Meig.


Glenuaig Lodge has very thoughtfully provided a wooden hut as a shelter for walkers ~ very timely for me as I arrived as a sharp little stormlet arrived. As I entered I was handed a very welcome cup of coffee by a Scots Challenger already in residence. Lovely!

A couple of days before he had walked from Achnashellach to his start point at Torridon and had been blown over in the wind, landing on his face; so he will forgive me but he was not a pretty sight! As the weather forecast for the actual start day was even worse than the previous day's there was no way that he was going over the top again. 

I am camped alongside Nicholas from Belgium and Pete Goddard (aka Mr Grumpy) who has the distinction of being a Vetter of Challenge routes, yet who is not quite sure if he is where he should be. So nothing new there then!

It's been Reindeer stew for dinner tonight and the heavy showers occasionally drill against the tent. I am warm and comfortable with nothing more to care about than making the soup before turning in to ready myself for another magical day tomorrow.
No phone signal here so this will be posted from somewhere tomorrow (O2 willing)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi.
Because of spammers, I moderate all comments, so don't worry if your comment seems to have disappeared; It has been sent to me for approval. As soon as I see it, I'll deal with it straight away.
Thank you!